Friday, September 26, 2008
Mama Fami's HAW FLAKES LAYERED CAKE
1 1/4 cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 packet Cream Crackers biscuit
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup fresh milk
4 packets Haw Flakes
coloring of your choice
1. Get your steamer ready.
2. Blend the cream crakers biscuit to powder form.
3. Grease well your baking tin.
4. Beat butter and sugar till light and creamy.
5. Add in eggs, one at a time and continue beating.
6. Add in vanilla essence, then condensed milk and fresh milk. Mix well.
7. Add in the blended cream crackers biscuits a little at a time till you get the right consistency (cake consistency, not too runny and not too thick).
8. Divide the mixture into small bowls, according to how many color you wish to make. Put a bit of coloring into the mixture and stir well.
9. Scoop about 4 tablespoons of mixture of one color and spread evenly on the greased baking tin.
10. Steam for about 10 minutes or till the layer is cooked.
11. Remove from steamer, arrange the Haw Flakes on that cooked layer. Cover with another 4 tablespoons of different color mixture. Steam like in step # 10.
12. Repeat step # 11 until all the mixture are finished.
13. After the final layer is cooked, bake in the oven for about 10 minutes in medium heat so that the cake will keep longer.